Friday, December 19, 2008

Travellin' Shoes

It all happened on an innocent afternoon while I was in Nordstrom trying desperately to avoid the all seeing 'shoe section'. The gravitational pull was far to intense and yanked me to the center of the shoe universe like a moth to a flame. I witnessed it sitting there, all perched up like a proud brown artifact. I circled and circled-deflty stopping to pick up the specimen and examine it only to talk myself out of my illusiory (is that a word?) need for it. I actually walked away....walked to my car. DROVE home. But, the idea of this shoe simply would not leave me be. So what did I do you ask? I picked up the phone, called Nordy's and bought a pair. I think I need to buy it black now. I cannot stop wearing them. Perhaps I should try to play a game of tennis in them. Maybe that will break the spell.



No comments: